About Me

I am a mother of three very hungry, busy boys. A Wife to a helicopter pilot and my most amazing support and sponsor of my triathlon lifestyle! I am the owner of Perseverance Multisport Coaching in Whistler, BC. I coach athletes competing in short to long course distance triathlons. I started racing triathlon in 2003 in my first sprint distance race and gradually worked my way up to the Ironman level racing. This past July, I completed my 9th Ironman Canada race! In 2009, My goal one day is to qualify for Ironman Hawaii World Championships and show my boys that with a lot of commitment, hard work and determination "Anything is Possible"! I hope that I can instill the love of sport and living life to its fullest every day to my boys and to everyone I am able to share my healthy triathlon lifestyle with!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Baby steps!




In my happy place again!!



Well... I did it!! I saw my surgeon this week and he gave me two big thumbs up to return to the pool again. But... I would have some restrictions. "No kicking, no flip turns, just pull ONLY, and push off easy". I was all smiles and I felt like a little kid that was just told they could open the biggest present they had ever seen!!

Now, I needed to keep my enthusiasm in check... Baby steps!! At least I am able to do something. It is definitely better than nothing!! I want to make sure I do not screw up any of the surgery.

I swam three times this week!! It may not have been as far or as fast as I usually swim, but I was in there doing it, and that made me very happy! I was able to get in 1500m in 30 minutes each time. Each week now, slowly, I will build up to a little more time and distance. Still will be a few more weeks before I test the running and the biking. It seems like it is an eternity away, but really in the big picture, it is peanuts!!


Remember that 1.5 km walk I did? Well, my goal tomorrow will be, "to beat my distance and time that I did last time"!! I might even get another swim in tomorrow too. Whoot, Whoot!! I will keep you posted on my progress.


"If you believe, you will achieve"!!

Have a great Monday!!

No comments: