About Me

I am a mother of three very hungry, busy boys. A Wife to a helicopter pilot and my most amazing support and sponsor of my triathlon lifestyle! I am the owner of Perseverance Multisport Coaching in Whistler, BC. I coach athletes competing in short to long course distance triathlons. I started racing triathlon in 2003 in my first sprint distance race and gradually worked my way up to the Ironman level racing. This past July, I completed my 9th Ironman Canada race! In 2009, My goal one day is to qualify for Ironman Hawaii World Championships and show my boys that with a lot of commitment, hard work and determination "Anything is Possible"! I hope that I can instill the love of sport and living life to its fullest every day to my boys and to everyone I am able to share my healthy triathlon lifestyle with!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ooops Sorry Linsey!

Sorry Linsey!

I posted last night that she was 6th Women Pro overall. Nope actually she was 5th!!! Yay!
I first met Lindsey at the Oliver Half Iron in 2006. It was her first race as a rookie Pro and she won in course record time. I think that race Shawn had double the pictures of Linsey on the camera than he had of me! He really liked her Timex race suit... Ha! If I remember correctly, there were a lot of shots of her from behind. He said it was because she was so fast, he couldn't get the camera focused fast enough to get her coming at him! (ya right!) "We" have followed her rising triathlon career ever since!












It was so exciting to see her come across the finish in top 5! I love it when the race commentators are caught off guard with athletes that are not well known. That is what I love about the sport. "Anything is Possible" Ironman racing is so unpredictable. Every race is so different. It is a new journey every time, and that is what is so addicting about wanting to go back and do it again, and again.



LIFE IS SIMPLE: SWIM-BIKE-RUN-EAT-SLEEP

No comments: