About Me

I am a mother of three very hungry, busy boys. A Wife to a helicopter pilot and my most amazing support and sponsor of my triathlon lifestyle! I am the owner of Perseverance Multisport Coaching in Whistler, BC. I coach athletes competing in short to long course distance triathlons. I started racing triathlon in 2003 in my first sprint distance race and gradually worked my way up to the Ironman level racing. This past July, I completed my 9th Ironman Canada race! In 2009, My goal one day is to qualify for Ironman Hawaii World Championships and show my boys that with a lot of commitment, hard work and determination "Anything is Possible"! I hope that I can instill the love of sport and living life to its fullest every day to my boys and to everyone I am able to share my healthy triathlon lifestyle with!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

12 more sleeps and counting!!!

I am finally at the Ironman Canada race site anticipating the big event in 12 more sleeps! OMG!! Where has the time gone? When you sign up for a sporting event a year in advance it sure does make life fly by. I remember posting the IMC and Kona countdown tickers on my blog page thinking I had so much time to prepare mentally and physically to make my 40th year as eventful as possible! I have had an excellent adventure leading up to this race this year. Coaching and supporting some of the most amazing friends in triathlon this year has made my own training and racing even more special. It brought a fresh start to the year, new training partners, new friendships, great adventures, and I feel I have had the best race season to date. Now, I just need to keep that good energy going through the next week and a half into next Sunday. This morning I was up at the crack of dawn eager to get out in the water. Which is a very good feeling to have in taper time. "Tapering" for IMC is definitely something to master. You would think it was just a piece of cake. Reduced training volume, no big deal. But what comes with that is the overwhelming feelings of "but did I do enough", "I feel like I should be doing more", "Oh, I can't eat all that food anymore cause I am not burning all those calories anymore", "what am I going to do for the rest of the day, I have only one workout, and it's done, now what?... Oh yeah, put my feet up, sit on the beach and watch the boys swim, relax in a tube and float down the canal, read, put my feet up some more, eat a little, sleep some more.... Nice! I need to make piece with this taper thing, it sounds like a good thing.
My Kona inspirational swimming cap! Look coach, I have my 'tempo' trainer with me too! Oh yeah, and my Lisa Bentley signed IMC lucky pack sack for my early morning wake up call to the "Peach" at Okanagan Beach!


We swim way out to those clay bluffs across and back race morning! 3.8km (2.4 miles for the americans)


The infamous "Peach" just before the finish line. When you see that after 11 hours and 59 minutes and 58 seconds you just want to kiss it! This year, here's hoping I see it at least an hour earlier than last year! "Our hopes and dreams should never be smaller than our memories"!
Have a beautiful Tuesday.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Audrey!

I just wanted to wish you all the best for your race next weekend. Wish that we could be there to cheer you on! Enjoy your taper time. You've earned it :)

Cheers,
Heather (Skuja)