About Me

I am a mother of three very hungry, busy boys. A Wife to a helicopter pilot and my most amazing support and sponsor of my triathlon lifestyle! I am the owner of Perseverance Multisport Coaching in Whistler, BC. I coach athletes competing in short to long course distance triathlons. I started racing triathlon in 2003 in my first sprint distance race and gradually worked my way up to the Ironman level racing. This past July, I completed my 9th Ironman Canada race! In 2009, My goal one day is to qualify for Ironman Hawaii World Championships and show my boys that with a lot of commitment, hard work and determination "Anything is Possible"! I hope that I can instill the love of sport and living life to its fullest every day to my boys and to everyone I am able to share my healthy triathlon lifestyle with!

Friday, September 19, 2008

A "Proud to be a Mom" moment!!

So today I had one of those "proud to be a mom moments"!! I am not saying it doesn't happen everyday, just today was a bit more special. Most of my closest friends and family know how hard it has been for Jordan to just get up in the morning and get ready for each school day. Every September Shawn and I dread the last week of September as this is when we usually receive the phone call that goes something like this " Hello Mrs Erlandson... this is Mr. Dixon... We just have some concerns with Jordan and his school work and we were wondering if you could come in for a parent/teacher interview.... blaa, blaa, blaa"

Well today my phone call was completely different. It went something like this. "Hi Mom... Do you think you could come pick me up? I have something for you..."

I arrived at the school with Jordan just beaming with self-admiration. He gets in the car and says "Mom, you have to see this, I think your gonna just love it... well I hope you do... I think you will..." Below is a pic of Jordan holding that amazing gift he gave to me... Sometimes it is the little gifts that we get as being a mom that make all the hard work and frustration melt away in just milliseconds. The letter says it all! Congratulations and Thank you Jordan! Well done, keep up the good work, Mom and Dad love you!






No comments: