About Me

I am a mother of three very hungry, busy boys. A Wife to a helicopter pilot and my most amazing support and sponsor of my triathlon lifestyle! I am the owner of Perseverance Multisport Coaching in Whistler, BC. I coach athletes competing in short to long course distance triathlons. I started racing triathlon in 2003 in my first sprint distance race and gradually worked my way up to the Ironman level racing. This past July, I completed my 9th Ironman Canada race! In 2009, My goal one day is to qualify for Ironman Hawaii World Championships and show my boys that with a lot of commitment, hard work and determination "Anything is Possible"! I hope that I can instill the love of sport and living life to its fullest every day to my boys and to everyone I am able to share my healthy triathlon lifestyle with!

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy November 1st!!! Already???

Happy Halloween!!!
Nothing like bags and bags of candy to keep a kid going till after midnight!
Nathan and his friend Cade decided riding their bikes this year would get the job done faster! After the trick or treating was over, we all headed over to the neighbourhood block party for more treats, hot apple cider, fireworks and a good old fashioned tractor ride around the farm fields. Jordan decided this year, he was too old for the trick or treating, so he was at home handing out handfuls of candy. The weather was windy and drizzly, so not as many kids made the trek down the long driveways in the Sand Pines area. They were lucky, all their bags of candy looked just as big as last year!



Hannibal, Cade, and Nathan post "bike tricking"

Can I carve a pumpkin or what??? Even after waking up from night shift, I can still get the pumpkin carved before the first kid comes knocking on the door!

The little kids at the door thought I was a great looking "rock star"! My husband's comment was "Brunette!"... Huh?! Unfortunately I do not have the legs to go with the hair!






This would be post candy, fireworks, and fun! Braydan, needing a little pick me up, after he realized his hockey game was to start at 7:45 am, (this means waking at 6:45 am). There was a whole lot of whining going on! Braydan said, "awwwwhhhh, it's not fair that they make us play hockey so early in the morning on Halloween!!! We should have a holiday, it's not fair" Mom says, "But Brady, just think, in the morning you get to sit in the dressing room and brag about how much candy your scored"... Brady: "Oh yeah!! OK, goodnight!" Wow, competitive or what. So what does he do at his game today?!!!.... He ramps it up and scores the tie breaker goal to make it 6-5! Then turns around 1 minute later and scores another one on an empty net, after the other team pulls their goalie to try and tie it up. He carried that puck all the way to the net, just to make sure it went in. He said he was just shaking, remembering a you tube video of an NHL player that had an empty net shot and missed! Ha Ha!! I love it!!




No comments: