About Me

I am a mother of three very hungry, busy boys. A Wife to a helicopter pilot and my most amazing support and sponsor of my triathlon lifestyle! I am the owner of Perseverance Multisport Coaching in Whistler, BC. I coach athletes competing in short to long course distance triathlons. I started racing triathlon in 2003 in my first sprint distance race and gradually worked my way up to the Ironman level racing. This past July, I completed my 9th Ironman Canada race! In 2009, My goal one day is to qualify for Ironman Hawaii World Championships and show my boys that with a lot of commitment, hard work and determination "Anything is Possible"! I hope that I can instill the love of sport and living life to its fullest every day to my boys and to everyone I am able to share my healthy triathlon lifestyle with!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My life in 24 hours!...

24 hours in the life of a Mother of 3 boys!...
  • 6 am - Make and apply frosting to Christmas square for cookie exchange.
  • 7 am - Make breaky and lunches for boys and drive them to school.
  • 9:30 am - Volunteer guide for trail Running Adventure group.
  • 11:00 am - Cookie exchange and wrap up get together post trail run.
  • 2 pm - Arrive home and unload $150 of groceries, ice cream cake, party supplies for 12 year old b-day sleepover party.
  • Dishes/Laundry
  • 3 pm Set up "Dance Revolution 3" dance mats for XBox 360 and watch 9 boys compete and then move on to ACDC World Tour Rock Band "Highway to Hell", and then ride dirt bikes and skate boards in yard while I prepare chicken strips, french fries, seven layer Mexican bean dip, bagel bites, fruit plate with yogurt dip, veggie plate, dry ribs, and "Virgin Tequila Sunrises"!!
  • Dishes/Laundry
  • 6 pm - Serve and wait on 9 hungry boys.
  • 7 pm - Act as professional photographer for Candle Blowing moment!
  • Dishes/Laundry
  • 9 pm - Sit down for a few minutes and watch "WAL-E" with the crowd.
  • Dishes/Laundry
  • 11:30 pm - Clean up 5 sets of sheets, pillow cases, pillows, mattress covers, mattresses, and blankets that were used as a slide down 2 flights of stairs... Remake all 5 beds for boys to sleep on!
  • Dishes/Laundry
  • 1:30 am! - Attempt again to get 9 boys to bed and over hear one of them say something about someone "doing the reverse cowboy position"! HUH????....
  • 2:06 am! - Stop sleep over guests from writing with red ink over birthday boy's face while sleeping... Nathan made the mistake of telling his friends he was born at 2:06am on the 25th.
  • 6:30 am - Wake up with first set of boys wanting to play ACDC rock band!
  • 8 am - Shower/Dishes/Laundry
  • 8:30 am - Gramma Connie arrives just in time to help make 50 pancakes!
  • 9:30 am - 1st parent teacher interview!
  • 9:50 am - 2nd parent teacher interview!
  • 10:30 - Home to laundry/Dishes/starting lunch for crew.
  • 12 pm - Serve and watch another fruit plate, veggie plate, more chicken strips, box of girl guide cookies, plates full of Quesidillias, and 18 Japanese oranges be consumed with a matter of minutes!
  • 2 pm - Attend another parent teacher interview!
  • 2:45 pm - Say good-bye to last party goer and drive boys to dentist appointments, call best friend and have a small cry over disappointing parent teacher interview!
  • 4 pm - Buy another $125 worth of groceries, as the fridge is now empty again!
  • 6 pm - Pick up husband from being in Camp all week, give him a big "Big High Five - Tag Your It"!! and run as far and as fast as I can!!!









So much fun!! Now it's time to take and break and start training again!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

doing the reverse cowboy position
ahahahhahahah


Sooooooo funny

wish I was there to hear that :)

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I could have sworn I?ve visited
you blog before but after browsing through a few of the posts I realized
it?s nnew to me. Anyways, I?m definiyely happy I stumbled upon it and
I?ll be bookmarking it and checking back frequently!