About Me

I am a mother of three very hungry, busy boys. A Wife to a helicopter pilot and my most amazing support and sponsor of my triathlon lifestyle! I am the owner of Perseverance Multisport Coaching in Whistler, BC. I coach athletes competing in short to long course distance triathlons. I started racing triathlon in 2003 in my first sprint distance race and gradually worked my way up to the Ironman level racing. This past July, I completed my 9th Ironman Canada race! In 2009, My goal one day is to qualify for Ironman Hawaii World Championships and show my boys that with a lot of commitment, hard work and determination "Anything is Possible"! I hope that I can instill the love of sport and living life to its fullest every day to my boys and to everyone I am able to share my healthy triathlon lifestyle with!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

I'm so excited!!!

Approximately 6 years ago I begged my girlfriends to enter as a team for the Kamloops Y Mini Tri. I was going to swim, Rhonda would bike, and Sarah would run. It would be a 700m swim, 20km bike, and an 8km run. The deadline for the race was coming close and my friends couldn't commit to the race.... We had talked about doing it now for a couple of years, and I had always wanted to try this "Tri" thing. So secretly I submitted my application, signing up to doing the entire distance myself. OMG! What was I thinking. I had always been sporty. I competitive swam, ran track, and raced BMX growing up with the guys.... No problem! Unfortunately that was over 15 years ago and three babies later, my body was not exactly what they call a "Triathlete's physique"... I searched the net and found a "Beginner's Sprint Triathlon" training program. I remember doing my first "Brick" workout. I was to bike 60 mins and then get off my bike and run 20 mins!!! I remember thinking that was the hardest thing I had ever done in my life!!! I guess the rest is history. I went from a 165 lb Mother of three, to a 133 lb "Triathlete". Thank you Sarah and Rhonda for jamming on me! I believe things happen for a reason, and that if you believe you can do something, "Anything is Possible"! Now, I feel guilty if I don't get my swim, bike, run, weights, yoga, and stretching in every day....
So now on to why I am so excited!!! Last week, I had a message on my answering machine. The women's name was Sandy. Sandy went on to say how she and her best friend just turned 40 and they had signed up for a Half Ironman for June 09. They wondered if I would be interested in helping them get prepared for the race!!! I was nearly busting at the seams!!! I am always so excited when women, men, and kids decide to participate in Triathlon. I love inspiring others to do things they never thought possible. Their excitement for training and racing next year has also inspired me to take it up a notch and pursue the coaching side of this sport! If I can compete and help others to compete, that is so cool! I signed up for my first Tri-specific coaching course, and have already mapped out my future courses! Below is my Lottery Ticket that was released in 2006! Just before the interview, I had met a 75 year old man in Hawaii at the Age Group World Championships we were racing at. He was sitting there with his grandchildren. He told me that he had now done Ironman Hawaii World Championships 6 times! I think about that man and what he has achieved alot.
So here's to you Sandy and Trish!!! I am so looking forward to watching you guys transform yourselfs into an Ironman athlete! Maybe you will be inspired to go on and tackle the full distance.... "Anything is Possible" You are an inspiration, and your family will be so proud of you!!


"Lottery tickets featuring a photo of Comox triathlete Audrey Erlandson have hit the stores. The tickets, which went on sale Monday, are part of the SportsFunder Homegrown Heroes fundraising campaign.The campaign, focused on raising funds for amateur athletes in B.C., directs its proceeds into a variety of amateur sports organizations across the province. Erlandson is a mother of three and a labour delivery nurse at St. Joseph's Hospital. She lists her family and fellow triathletes as major sources of inspiration. "I got involved in triathlons because I wanted to set a positive example for my kids," said Erlandson, adding that she is motivated to train hard by her family. "We have faced some major health issues - and a healthy, athletic lifestyle is the best way to overcome them," she comments. "When I was in Hawaii, I met a 75-year-old man who had competed in the Ironman for the past six years and that inspired me.I want to be able to race far into the future and be there for my kids as they grow up." Along with other athletes displaying her competitive drive, Erlandson is appearing on tickets which feature over $1 million in prizes, says the BC Lottery Corporation.

No comments: