About Me

I am a mother of three very hungry, busy boys. A Wife to a helicopter pilot and my most amazing support and sponsor of my triathlon lifestyle! I am the owner of Perseverance Multisport Coaching in Whistler, BC. I coach athletes competing in short to long course distance triathlons. I started racing triathlon in 2003 in my first sprint distance race and gradually worked my way up to the Ironman level racing. This past July, I completed my 9th Ironman Canada race! In 2009, My goal one day is to qualify for Ironman Hawaii World Championships and show my boys that with a lot of commitment, hard work and determination "Anything is Possible"! I hope that I can instill the love of sport and living life to its fullest every day to my boys and to everyone I am able to share my healthy triathlon lifestyle with!

Friday, March 13, 2009

Oh how I love my "Champion"!...

When I graduated from Nursing College in 1991!... Yes, for me that seems like just yesterday. One of my first "big" purchases I made with my paycheck was my most amazing Champion Juicer. Actually, I didn't buy it outright at first. I put it on lay-away and made payments on it at the local Nature's Fare. It was $300! That was one month's rent at the time. Huge deal! My mom thought I was living the life of "Champagne Taste on a Beer Budget". I explained to her that this was investing in my future and my health and I REALLY!!! needed it! Ha! See mom, after 18 years I am still juicing and lovin it! I think it is probably the best $300 I have ever spent!
I Just wanted to share one of my favorite juicing recipes. It does not have anything unusual or exotic, but it is super tasty and full of soooo many vitamins and minerals! Just what a 'Triathlete-Mom-Nurse' needs to keep up the health while everyone around her is coughing and sniffling away! So far I have been able to ward off the cold and flu bugs! I don't think I could live without my juicer!

2 Grapefruit
2 Oranges
Bunch of Strawberries
One big Carrot
(sometimes I add some ginger and a whole lemon)


So amazing!!!!!

Cheers!



1 comment:

BreeWee said...

YAHOOOOOOOOoooooo to juicing! I was totally going to post a new recipe today, that machine is the coolest! Thanks for sharing your mix!!

DO you have the wheatgrass juicer?? That is the next thing I really want... if you have it let me know which one, I am trying to find a good one.

have fun Audrey!!