About Me

I am a mother of three very hungry, busy boys. A Wife to a helicopter pilot and my most amazing support and sponsor of my triathlon lifestyle! I am the owner of Perseverance Multisport Coaching in Whistler, BC. I coach athletes competing in short to long course distance triathlons. I started racing triathlon in 2003 in my first sprint distance race and gradually worked my way up to the Ironman level racing. This past July, I completed my 9th Ironman Canada race! In 2009, My goal one day is to qualify for Ironman Hawaii World Championships and show my boys that with a lot of commitment, hard work and determination "Anything is Possible"! I hope that I can instill the love of sport and living life to its fullest every day to my boys and to everyone I am able to share my healthy triathlon lifestyle with!

Monday, March 30, 2009

Trainer Ride West Coast Style!



I am getting really tired of the unsettled wind and rain we continue to have on the West Coast! I am so ready to be outside permanently on my bike. I was feeling (a little) sorry for myself this week. As this time last year, I was training and racing in Hawaii at the Lavaman Olympic Distance race and training camp! Where did the year go???...



Here I am again, riding in the dark, in front of my 17" computer screen. Shawn snapped this photo, while lying on his back. He keeps me focused on the positives in our life, and does well at redirecting my negative thoughts, even though he is the one that is suffering big time with the lay-offs in his company and lack of income at this time in our lives!...
Now if only we could afford to turn our garage into something like the photos below, I might have an easier time watching the CompuTrainer screen for hours at a time!...






Wow!... Wouldn't I love to have this little set up. Trish (one of my "Mom's of 3, Superstar Athletes) and Will, live down on the ocean (Doctors) and just finished renovating their "boat house" into a classy new "West Coast Gym"! The views through the windows.... aahhhhh! The 42' flat screen TV with surround sound and calming blue walls would make riding a CompuTrainer so much more enjoyable.... Well, actually, what made the ride even more spectacular was being able to do it with Trish and Sandy! That was the icing on the cake! We are pretty sure, we are going to make this a weekly routine now! I haven't had time to watch a movie from start to finish in years!







It was 7:30 in the evening, so we were just getting the tail end of a beautiful sunset on the Strait of Georgia. I felt really, really, sorry for the girls. I sweat like a crazy woman and they only had a few little beads of sweat on their foreheads! Thanks so much for having me over Trish!!! I loved it!!! A great way to end a week of training!


No comments: