About Me

I am a mother of three very hungry, busy boys. A Wife to a helicopter pilot and my most amazing support and sponsor of my triathlon lifestyle! I am the owner of Perseverance Multisport Coaching in Whistler, BC. I coach athletes competing in short to long course distance triathlons. I started racing triathlon in 2003 in my first sprint distance race and gradually worked my way up to the Ironman level racing. This past July, I completed my 9th Ironman Canada race! In 2009, My goal one day is to qualify for Ironman Hawaii World Championships and show my boys that with a lot of commitment, hard work and determination "Anything is Possible"! I hope that I can instill the love of sport and living life to its fullest every day to my boys and to everyone I am able to share my healthy triathlon lifestyle with!

Friday, March 6, 2009

Where do I start???

Happy March!!!


OMG!! Where did February go?... I have already been in my new age category of 40-44 year old women for exactly one month today!! I have not raced since Hately Castle, but I have been busy juggling the usual; kids (some of which have been super sick), work (way too much, really), training (loving that), coaching (super loving it), learning (always!), and... Oh yeah, and I had to add in there a little flood in the ceiling!!!...
Jack, the plumber made swiss cheese out of my kitchen ceiling, while I lay on the floor crying! Well maybe, I was a bit too hysterical! But, he gave me absolutely no time to adjust to the idea that he was going to take the big knife in his hand and start making holes, just like that... No problem for him, but for me, I still had no idea yet if my insurance was going to cover the whole thing or not. I knew he needed to find the problem, but he was just so fast with the big old hack saw he was wheeling in his hands! Thank goodness the Insurance Adjuster, "Jay", my new BFF, found my flood to be "Sudden and Accidental"! Cause, he told me, with a big smile on his face, that if it had been "Long Term Seepage" than I would be "Sweet out of Luck" with the insurance coverage! Thank you Jay!!!



My morning today was spent with one of my "Ironman Mama's", Sandy, who I am coaching. Getting up at 5:30 in the morning to help out a very enthusiastic 40 year old mother of two, who is just soaking in everything and anything triathlon is just so inspiring to me! Trish and Sandy are working into their already fun filled lives of full time work, kids, unexpected flu bugs, training, laughing, learning and they are just super troopers! Sandy will kill me when she sees her swim video below, but I just want her to know how proud I am of her! Trish had sick kids at home today and missed her Video moment... Don't worry Trish, yours is coming!! :)




Now, onto some motivation to keep your day going. I just recently viewed this last link on Sarah Sead's blog, which some of you may have already seen! I just had to post it on mine! Thank you Sarah for posting the link. Talk about powerful. I think I have just found my new 'mantra' for 2009!... Need I say more!...
"Are You Going To Finish Strong?"

1 comment:

Sara Cox Landolt said...

Hey! Thanks for the video link, I bookmarked it. What a powerful speaker.