About Me

I am a mother of three very hungry, busy boys. A Wife to a helicopter pilot and my most amazing support and sponsor of my triathlon lifestyle! I am the owner of Perseverance Multisport Coaching in Whistler, BC. I coach athletes competing in short to long course distance triathlons. I started racing triathlon in 2003 in my first sprint distance race and gradually worked my way up to the Ironman level racing. This past July, I completed my 9th Ironman Canada race! In 2009, My goal one day is to qualify for Ironman Hawaii World Championships and show my boys that with a lot of commitment, hard work and determination "Anything is Possible"! I hope that I can instill the love of sport and living life to its fullest every day to my boys and to everyone I am able to share my healthy triathlon lifestyle with!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sunny Sunday Sea Lion Sighting!

I might be in trouble for this one... I haven't heard back from Coach yet. Probably because I just posted my training for Sunday in Training Peaks just this morning. Yes, I know, it's Thursday! If I take the time to sit at the computer, I get sucked into the black hole of endless blog reading, Facebook, emails, searching the web for the latest and greatest gear and gadgets or whatever I can, to sneak in a few more minutes of just 'sitting still'.


Part of my New Year's resolution this year was to use my time each day more wisely and to NOT sit in front of the computer, looking at other athlete's training blogs, and drool over their ability to knock off crazy training hours and still have time to document it all for everyone to read. Now, I have a set time aside that I allow myself, and if I spend more than a total of 15 mins on the net, my timer goes off and I log off! Sorry to everyone on Facebook that I haven't replied to!!! Really, I am sorry! I am in a 'recovery week', and I plan to reply to everyone that has sent me a message this weekend!
Another part of my New Year's resolution was to actually try and take my camera with me everywhere I go! I have been only slightly successful at doing this. But, it is only March, and I definitely have made a bigger effort than ever this year so far!
I was told on Sunday that if I rode out on the Ocean Highway, I would see the mass of Sea Lions basking in the sun and bellowing out for everyone to hear. My mom had told me, "Oh yeah, they are just down the road from town". I had a 2.5 hour ride to complete and thought I could ride out to see them and ride back, easy scenic 2.5 hour ride in the bank! Yay! The weather was sunny, but holy cow it is still freezing here! I think the temp was like +2 C! Riding a bike going just under 30km/hr makes the windchill feel like -7 C. This is where I might get in trouble with Coach. In the end I had to ride just a little further than "just out of town". I ended up riding 30 mins farther than I thought to find these gentle giants! There was absolutely no chance of missing them! As I approached an area along the highway I could hear them for about 5 mins before actually seeing them! So spectacular! I tried to capture a bit of their conversation for you to hear.




1 comment:

Sara Cox Landolt said...

I went to a publishing conference in Monteray Calif and walked out to see some sea lions. I could hear them from my hotel room, they talk a lot! They are so cute.
Looks like fun.